The EyeLock Difference
The EyeLock Difference
- Unique to each individual
- Quick process to authenticate a user
- Most people are familiar with this technology, more easily acceptable
- Some scanners can be fooled by pictures or a mold of a person’s finger
- Access can be denied to an authorized user due to moisture, a dirty screen or other variables
- Not hygienic
- Faces have approximately 80 measurable landmarks, such as:
- Distance between eyes
- Width of nose
- Depth of the eye sockets
- Length of the jaw line
- Access can be denied to an authorized user due to changes in facial hair, different glasses or other variables.
- Data Storage
- Camera angles have a very strong influence on whether or not a face is processed
- Unique to each individual, even to identical twins
- Not prone to damage or trauma
- Fully developed at birth. Color may change, but iris patterns remain the same
- EyeLock FAR is 1 in 1.5 Million for single eye/ 1 in 2.25 Trillion for dual eye
- Hygienic and Touchless
- Consumer awareness still growing
- Expensive to implement
- The user must remain completely still to get accurate reading
EyeLock Iris Advantage
EyeLock uses video, not still pictures to capture an image of your eyes, and delivers throughput of up to 50 people per minute.
No two human irises are alike – not in twins, not even on the same person. EyeLock provides a False Accept Rate (FAR) of 1 in 2.25 Trillion in both eyes.
NO IRIS, NO ID
EyeLock generates a unique EyeLock ID™ of each iris. Then to authenticate your ID, it matches the EyeLock ID™ with your eyes.
EyeLock utilizes proprietary real-time video processing algorithms to control illumination and camera settings to achieve superior iris images for enrollment and authentication.
- Secure – 1 in 2.25 trillion FAR
- 3rd party Novetta testing proves FAR = 1:1,500,000 per eye
- Superior algorithms = longer working distance from shorter lenses
- Convenient and easy to use at arm’s length
- 3rd party Novetta testing proves FRR2 < 1.5%
- Authentication varies from a few tenths of a second to a couple seconds
- System-level expertise: algorithm, optical, software, & hardware
- Pulsed illumination reduces power and increases safety
- Complete range of freedom for matching (1:1, 1:n, local, network, cloud, multi-factor)
*Iris is more secure than 296x of the world’s population.
2 FRR (False Reject Rate) is a measure of the probability that a person is not authenticated when they should be authenticated.